Friday, August 3, 2012

Introduction to "To Help You I Must First Fall Down"

I am going to release the following short story, entitled "To Help You I Must First Fall Down", in small sections at different times. It is currently one of the few writing pieces that I have both finished and have truly been pleased with.

This story was inspired after I went to Broad Street Ministries in Philadelphia four years ago and saw the affects of homelessness firsthand. BSM is truly an amazing organization working to combat homelessness from the ground up by first responding to the immediate needs of the homeless and then helping them restore the dignity they need to get back up on their feet through fellowship, spirituality, and the arts.

Although inspiration from this story was mostly drawn from my experience at BSM, all characters and events are completely fictional.

No comments:

Post a Comment