Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rules


“To be or not to be”
Hasn’t that always been the question?
I hate how the world has molded my mind, has squeezed and folded, shaped it to think that things are bad when they are perfectly fine
to think that something is wrong with me when there actually is not.

Rachel Corrie once wrote, “freedom is the rule.”
But recently I have begun to think that freedom is the exception.
Boundaries are the rule.
Personal awareness bordering the line of conceit.
Social acceptance.
These are the rules that we live by and we can never return.
We are already up to our chins in filth. There is no turning back now.

I thought the modern day promised to supply an infinite stream of knowledge?
No longer am I satisfied.
Perhaps it has become the source of a certain knowledge that I no longer wish to acquire.
For in the end, it is wisdom that I seek.
The ability to look at this world with an unfiltered eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment